Reginald W. Kapteyn, D.O., M.A., B.A.
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Kapteyn is a physiatrist specializing in pain management with an emphasis on improving function and independence using minimally-invasive treatment options. Conditions may be associated with spine or joint pain, migraines, muscle spasms or tightness associated with neurological disorders, or other nerve pain.
He utilizes both radiofrequency and ultrasound as diagnostic tools to identify a wide variety of muscular and skeletal conditions before developing a multi-disciplinary, functional approach to pain management. In addition to various therapies, available treatments include epidural injections, joint injections, nerve blocks, sympathetic blocks, stimular maintenance, Botox and neurolytic injections.
- June, 2009: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Fellowships & Specialty Training
- September, 2009 – September, 2013: Medical Director of Pain Management Services; Associate Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation – Drake Hospital/University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- July, 2008 – June, 2008: Interventional pain fellow, Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation – University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- North American Spine Society
- American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physical Medicine & Rehab